Managing your dry scalp this winter
Why is my scalp so dry this winter?
As the air becomes dry during the winter months many people experience dryness and flakiness on their scalps. This can be uncomfortable, itchy and even embarrassing for some.
There are several reasons why your scalp could be dry, including:
- Environmental factors include frequent exposure to hot or cold temperatures, dry indoor air, or harsh chemicals in hair products can strip your scalp of its natural oils, leading to dryness and irritation.
- Genetics may also play a role, as some people naturally produce less oil on their scalp.
- Lifestyle habits such as a poor diet, excessive alcohol consumption or stress can contribute to dryness and flakiness.
The importance of using the right hair products
Using a shampoo and conditioner that suits the current state of your scalp is essential!
A dry scalp means that you will need to be using a moisturising shampoo and conditioner that helps to restore the natural oils and moisture in your scalp as well as add moisture. Using the wrong products can lead to issues such as dryness, breakage and scalp irritation.
- Using a shampoo that is too harsh for your hair type can strip your hair of its natural oils, leading to dry and brittle hair.
- Using a heavy conditioner on fine or oily hair can weigh it down and make it look greasy.
By choosing the right products you can help prevent issues such as dandruff, breakage and hair loss!
DeLorenzo Scalp Balance Range
Our best selling dry scalp solution!
DeLorenzo Scalp Balance is a range of hair care products designed to alleviate dry, itchy and flaky scalps. With regular use this range can help maintain a healthy and balanced scalp, promoting strong, shiny and beautiful hair.
- Free from harsh chemicals such as sulphates, parabens and artificial fragrances
- Gentle and suitable for all hair types (including colour treated hair)
- Formulated with natural ingredients such as aloe vera, chamomile and green tea extract, these ingredients have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that nourish and protect the scalp
- Balances scalp pH levels
- Soothes irritation/itching
- Restores moisture
- Restores flaky scalp
7SECONDS Moisturising Shampoo and Conditioner by UNITE
UNITE’S award-winning 7SECONDS Shampoo and Conditioner are moisture-enriched and cleanses and protects hair from UV rays, thermal damage and colour fading.
We absolutely love this combo. It’s great for medium to coarse/thick hair types. It smells so fresh and clean and leaves the hair feeling moisturised yet weightless.
- Locks in and protects colour
- Instant results for all hair types
- Adds lasting shine
- Weightless formula is moisture-enriched
- Colour-safe with no added sulphates, parabens or sodium chloride
7SECONDS Leave-in Detangler
Most of the time styling our hair involves heat, which contributes to dryness. If you are heat styling it is a MUST to use a heat protectant – 7SECONDS Leave-in Detangler is the way to go!
If you asked us what product we can’t live without then this would be it. Anybody who is a client at my salon will know that we use this by the bucketload! It’s the best detangler I have ever used.
7SECONDS Leave-in Detangler seals the cuticle and protects from heat and UV so it prevents colour fading and oxidation plus tangles are gone and moisture is restored!
- Must-have prep for all hair types
- Instantly detangles
- Perfect balance of moisture and proteins
- Repairs, locks in colour and strengthens
- Thermal and UV protector
ReNeu Scalp Therapy
ReNeu Scalp Therapy is the right product if you are looking to remove visible flakiness or any uncomfortable itchiness you are experiencing on your scalp.
- Gentle exfoliator formulated for all hair and scalp types
- Removes product and mineral buildup
- Lavender stem extract helps calm scalp and reduces itching
- Pea sprout extract stimulates scalp and hair
- Bamboo stem powder helps exfoliate dead skin cells
- Bau laurel leaf extract helps reduce scalp irritation & flaking caused by dandruff and dry scalp skin
What you can do to keep your scalp healthy
- Brush your hair thoroughly every week
- Brushing just before washing really helps distribute the natural oils in your scalp
- Exfoliate your scalp using ReNeu Scalp Therapy
- Wash your hair a maximum of twice a week — more frequently washing will cause dry brittle hair
- Follow a healthy diet or take the right supplements if you aren’t able to consume the vitamins you need through food
- Consume enough water daily will help prevent dryness and itchiness on the scalp
- Use good quality, moisturising shampoo and conditioner such as 7SECONDS
Why not come in for a consultation today?
If YOU have a dry flaky scalp come in today for a FREE consultation to determine what products your hair needs to keep it looking and feeling great!
The possibilities are only limited to your imagination!